100% pure Mānuka essential oil ~ the mother of all native essential oils.
East Cape Mānuka oil is extracted from the leaves of the mānuka tree by steam distillation. Prized for its versatile healing ability, mānuka has been used by Māori for many centuries for a wide range of purposes.
East Cape mānuka oil contains high levels of triketones. It is a group of naturally occurring compounds that have extraordinary healing abilities. Triketones have been proven to be effective in controlling MRSA, Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2), and are 20-30 times more effective at destroying gram-positive bacteria than Australian Tea Tree Oil.
Why the Mānuka oil:
- 100% pure essential oil
- Very versatile oil and can be used for many different purposes
- Not tested on animals
- Immune stimulant
- Spasmolytic and vulnerary
- Made in New Zealand from renewable resources
Ingredients: 100% pure East Cape mānuka oil (leptospermum scoparium)
Directions: Apply sparingly to the affected areas as required. Can be diluted with vegetable oil.
Way to use:
- Add a few drops of pure East Cape mānuka oil to your favourite shampoo or conditioner to help with dandruff
- Apply (diluted with a carrier oil) to cuts, scratches and grazes to prevent infection and speed up the healing process
- Apply (diluted with a carrier oil) to fungal infections such as coldsores and athlete's foot to kill the nasties and help it heal faster
- Add a few drops of pure East Cape mānuka oil to your favourite skincare treatment to help with acne and blemishes
- If you suffer from body odour, try adding a few drops to your soap or body wash to help kill the stink-causing bacteria
- Add a few drops of pure East Cape mānuka oil to your washing liquid or powder to kill bacteria and leave your clothes smelling fresh. This is especially useful for sweaty clothes that stink!
- To help with chafing and rashes, dilute 5-10 drops of pure East Cape mānuka oil in 10ml of a non-comedogenic carrier oil and massage into the irritated skin
- Use it as an insect repellent - simply dilute 5-10 drops in 10ml of your favourite carrier oil and apply to your areas of exposed skin that insects are most likely to bite
- If you do get bitten, try using East Cape mānuka oil to soothe the irritation - it's also an antihisthamine.
Caution: external use only. Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes and ears. Keep out of reach of pets and children. If you suspect an allergic reaction please discontinue use.
Note: This is a pure essential oil. Whilst it is commonly applied directly to the skin, it is best to dilute with a suitable carrier oil (such as sweet almond oil or olive oil). Or add into other products such as soap, shampoo, washing liquid/powder, skincare ointments and bathing products. This allows you to get the most out of your pure mānuka oil whilst still enjoying all the benefits.