Zero Waste and 100% Natural Oral Health Coconut Oil Toothpaste.
Maxwell & McIntyre's Coconut Oil Toothpaste harnesses the fantastic qualities of organic coconut and peppermint oil to make this great toothpaste.
It is non-foaming and a little salty compared to conventional toothpastes because Maxwell & McIntyre's does not contain foaming agents, artificial sweeteners and other nasty chemicals. Maxwell & McIntyre's will leave your mouth truly refreshed with a clear, neutral palate and squeaky clean teeth.
Why this Toothpaste:
- Zero Waste
- 100% Natural Oral Health
- No chemicals have been added
- No artificial sweeterners
- Made in New Zealand
How to use:
- Organic, Raw, Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Xylitol (Xylitol is a plant derived sweetener which has been proven to reduce the formation of dental caries)
- Peppermint Oil (Gives a very full and fresh flavour but also has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal properties)
- Baking Soda (Is a very mild abrasive which aids cleaning and whitening of the teeth, helps neutralise acids in plaque and also helps with bad breath)
- Calcium Carbonate (Gives the paste a creamy texture, acts as a mild abrasive and of course introduces calcium to the body and saliva)
- Aniseed Oil (Enhances the flavour of our toothpaste to give you an amazing mouth experience)
To apply, using the bamboo scoop apply a brush covering amount your Coconut Oil Toothpaste to your toothbrush. We recommend using a soft toothbrush as harder brushes wear down your enamel. Without using water relax and take your time brushing then rinse with warm water.Size:
150gHistory about Coconut Oil as a toothpaste
Coconut Oil is antibacterial, antimicrobial, and anti fungal! Studies have shown that coconut oil destroys the bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
“Oil pulling” is increasingly being added to people’s morning brush and floss routine, but it has been a traditional remedy for 3,000 years in Ayurvedic medicine – the ancient Indian healing system. It involves taking a teaspoon of oil and swishing it round for five to 20 minutes before spitting it out. By using M&M coconut oil Toothpaste you get all of the benefits of oil pulling without the mess.
Research has shown that oil pulling with coconut oil significantly reduced levels of plaque and gum disease .
Further scientific studies have recently confirmed that coconut oil “pulls” fat-soluble toxins from the surface of skin and gums, reduces plaque and acts as natural cleansing agent for the teeth and gums increasing the whiteness of the teeth with regular use.
Coconut oil is unique because it contains predominantly medium chain fatty acids, of which 45-50 percent is Lauric acid. Lauric acid has proven anti inflammatory and antimicrobial effects.