Make your own Probiotic Greek Yoghurt with Mad Millie's awesome Kit.
The Greek yoghurt contains live acidophilus and bifidobacterium cultures. Each gram of Mad Millie Greek Yoghurt contains over a million probiotic bacteria cells, scientifically shown to improve digestive health, nutrient absorption and immunity. Simply add your choice of milk and flavour with natural fruit, honey or sweet spice.
The Greek Yoghurt Kit is:
- Perfect for beginners and advanced users with all ingredients and equipment included
- The culture provided in the kit allows you to make 5 -10 litres (10 quarts) of yoghurt
- Contains live acidophilus and bifidobacterium cultures
- Use the jar to heat the milk easily in the microwave, leave to set and refrigerate
The Greek Yoghurt Kit includes:
- 1 Litre Glass Jar
- Cheese Cloth
- 5x Sachets of dairy free Yoghurt Culture
- Sterile Culture Storage Pottle
- Stainless Steel Thermometer
- Kit Instructions
- Recipe Booklet to make Greek Yoghurt, Soy yoghurt and/or Labna (Yoghurt Cheese)
If using fresh milk, the milk needs to be heated to boiling point before cooling it down, this denatures the proteins in the milk to stop the yoghurt from going lumpy.
The yoghurt culture is shelf stable for 8 months at temperatures under 25 degrees celsius. Mad Millie suggest storing cultures in the freezer when you get them in order to prolong the life of the culture.