The Mooncup is the original silicone menstrual cup designed by women for women.
Had enough of spending money on disposable sanitary products? The Mooncup is a reusable menstrual cup, around two inches long and made from soft medical grade silicone.
It is worn internally a lot lower than a tampon but, while tampons and pads absorb menstrual fluid, the Mooncup collects it. This means it doesn’t cause dryness or irritation, and also that it collects far more (three times as much as a tampon!). Because the Mooncup is reusable, you only need one so it saves you money and helps the environment, too.
The Mooncup is designed to be folded and inserted into the vagina, then removed, rinsed and reinserted up to every 8 hours. A light seal is formed with your vaginal walls, allowing menstrual fluid to pass into the Mooncup without leakage or odour. This seal is released for removal, allowing you to empty the contents, rinse or wipe and reinsert.
The Mooncup is:
- Made from soft medial silicone
- Environment friendly
- Can be used overnight, when travelling, swimming or exercising
- Easy to clean after use
- Saves you money as you only need one Mooncup which lasts for years
- 2 different sizes depending on age and your child birth history
- The Mooncup does not leave fibres behind or dry you out
- Suitable for women with sensitive skin or allergies
- Latex-free and hypoallergenic
- Contains no dyes, BPA, phthalates, plastic, bleaches or toxins
Which size should I use?
Size A: Recommended for those who are 30 and over, and all who have given birth vaginally regardless of age
Size B: Recommended for those under the age of 30 who have not given birth vaginally
The difference between the ‘A’ and the ‘B’ is only small (3mm), but it is crucial! Size A measures 46mmin diameter and 50mm in length. Size B measures 43 mm in diameter and 50mm in length. Both sizes have a stem 21mm long, which you can trim to the length that is right for you.
Please note: Due to the nature of this product we are unable to accept returns.