A hand bag that is ethically made from 100% vegan high quality pineapple leaf textile (Piñatex®).
Pineapple leather - Piñatex® is a sustainably produced plant based textile. It is developed according to the principles of a circular economy. The pineapple leaves (that form the basis of Piñatex®) are a byproduct of existing agriculture. To produce the raw material ther are no additional land, water, fertiliser or pesticides required. By adding a value to a waste product, provides an additional income stream to pineapple farming communities. At any stage of the production there are no animal products used. Itis in line with the Cradle-toCradle® philosophy, production involves no harmful chemicals and minimal water use.
Why a Piñatex® hand bag?
Strap with stud detail:
- Highly sustainable
- Plant based
- Supports a circular economy
- Zip closure
- Internal zip pocket
- Gold coloured hardware
- NZ made
can be adjusted, based on your height: Standard is 120cm/47”, Petite is 100cm/39”Available:
in 6 different colours (Please note that the Pearl and Antique Gold have a soft shimmer)Material:
Outer: Pineapple leather - Piñatex® / Inner:
100% cotton lining
Size: H: 24cm/9.5" x W: 14cm/5.5" x D: 6cm/2.4"
Care: Like any product, a Made From Piñatex product needs regular care. It is recommended caring lovingly for your product
- Clean your bag thoroughly and effectively using a cloth soaked in warm soapy water. If your bag is heavily soiled, rinse with lukewarm water but never fully submerge the product, it can cause irreversible damage
- Let your bag dry before any application is made and refrain from using a heat source to dry more quickly, as this could cause damage
- It is recommended to use a natural colourless wax for your Made From Piñatex products. Apply a small amount to a dry, soft cloth and rub sparingly over the bag in a circular motion until fully absorbed. Do not use too much wax as it may not fully absorb
- Leave your bag to dry naturally for 24 hours after application
- You can also buff the wax off with a dry cloth or soft brush