A 100% natural Varnish that is plant-based, archival ingredients using time tested recipes from the Renaissance.
The World's only 100% non-toxic and Natural Varnish.
This varnish enhances the depth of color and richness with a fast-drying, water-clear, glossy finish. It provides superior, durable final protection against dirt and grease. This varnish is non-yellowing and free from VOCs, heavy metal driers, additives, petroleum based ingredients, harsh fumes, and toxic additives. It’s truly non-toxic, and won’t bloom or crack like some other conventional varnishes. It’s also perfect for “re-touching” or giving a unified sheen to your project! This varnish seals many surfaces including paintings, wood, stone, crafts and more.
The Varnish is not designed to be 100% waterproof but it will hold up for a while outside. It will need to be re-applied periodically.
Why a Natural Varnish:
- UV resistant
- Fast drying to a water clear finish
- Superior final protection (against dirt and grease)
- Glossy finish
- Enhances depth of colour and richness
- Hand-crafted in small batches
- Seals many surfaces (wood, paintings, stone, crafts etc)
- Perfect for re-touching
- Truly Non-toxic
- Does not contain VOCs, heavy metal driers, additives, petroleum based ingredients, harsh fumes, or toxic additives
- Won't "bloom" or crack
Size/Coverage: 4 oz. bottle - covers 80 sq. ft. (7.5 sq. meters) / 8 oz. bottle - covers 160 sq. ft. (15 sq. meters)
Artist Directions: Brush onto a completely dry surface with a wide, soft brush. Let dry. Clean brush with any rubbing alcohol.
Shipping: This product contains alcohol and can only be shipped within New Zealand. It cannot be shipped by Air for international orders (we are working on finding a solution for this).
Woodworker Tips & Tricks:
1. This product is a spirit varnish containing 190 proof grain alcohol, natural resins, oils, and all natural ingredients. Due to being made from food grade ingredients, it is a 100% natural and non-toxic spirit varnish.
2. It is both musical instrument grade and fine furniture or sculpture grade. Due to its high alcohol content it penetrates deeply on the first coat yet is considered a film finish.
3: The varnish can be applied over a dried natural oil finish. It can be sprayed, applied by brush or rag, and works very well in a French polish method with a pad.
4: Due to its natural gloss luster, it can be brought to matte with fine abrasives. For furniture and cabinet work a coat of paste wax greatly enhances its properties as well as its appearance.
5: For spraying large areas - this product can be cut with more alcohol.
Dimensions (W x H x D):