Toothpowder is a great alternative to using a Toothpaste.
Toothpowder harnesses the fantastic qualities of NZ kelp and sweet natural spices to create this great toothpowder - a natural alternative to whitening toothpaste, with the added benefit of re-mineralising properties to help rebuild your teeth and reduce sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures. This variety has been very popular with men and makes an ideal gift.
The Toothpowder helps your mouth to find its balance again by supporting its natural protection and cleaning processes. Replenishing lost minerals in the teeth and maintaining healthy gums. The Mineralising Toothpowder has a distinct aniseed flavour, with a more subtle underlying sweetness of cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. After using, your teeth will look and feel incredibly clean and polished throughout the day.
Why this toothpowder:
- Zero Waste
- 100% Natural Oral Health
- No chemicals have been added
- No artificial sweeterners
- Made in New Zealand
- NZ Kelp (Is rich in available minerals essential for enamel formation and will break down dental plaque and tartar helping rebuild teeth. Clients have reported that their hot and cold sensitivity has been reduced with regular use)
- Baking Soda (Is a very mild abrasive, helping in cleaning and neutralizing acids in plaque, while freshening breath and whitening your teeth)
- Xylitol (Is a plant derived sweetener which inhibits bacteria responsible for plaque build up and tooth decay)
- Calcium Carbonate (Gives the powder a smooth texture, acts as a mild abrasive and introduces calcium to the body and saliva, helping rebuild your teeth)
- Cloves, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Star Anise (Are all antibacterial and give you a delicious taste and freshness)
How to use: Lightly wet the head of a soft toothbrush, dip it in the powder covering bristles generously, take your time brushing, then rinse and floss.
A bit about Toothpaste/powder:
Maxwell & McIntyre Ltd use no Harmful Chemicals or Foaming Agents in their products.
Most commercial toothpaste contain harmful and toxic ingredients, such as titanium dioxide, FDC, Blue Dye, sodium lauryl sulfate, and sodium fluoride. These ingredients can also be found in toothpaste that is labelled “all natural”.
These chemicals are not only harmful to your delicate tooth enamel, they also affect your overall health! Glycerin is another ingredient to be cautious of as it can inhibit remineralization of teeth.
Conventional toothpaste such as Colgate Total contains an antibacterial chemical called triclosan, which has been linked to concerns over antibiotic resistance and endocrine disruption.
Many “NATURAL” toothpastes contain surfactants like sodium laurel sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate (SLS), or sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES). Surfactants are chemicals responsible for the foaming action of the toothpaste, but they also interfere with the functioning of your taste buds by breaking up the phospholipids on your tongue.
This enhances bitter tastes and is thought to be the reason why everything tastes so bad right after you’ve brushed your teeth. This may also be part of why coconut oil works so well for oral hygiene, as it helps maintain a more natural balance of lipids on your tongue, while still having potent antibacterial properties.