EM, Effective Microorganisms is a combination of useful regenerated micro-organisms that exist freely in nature and are not manipulated in any way.
EM-1 is used in over 120 countries to accelerate the soil building process, promote beneficial microbial communities, and decrease incidence of disease in all soil types. EM-1 produces high levels of polysaccharides and other beneficial enzymes and organic acids that help build stable aggregate and soil structure, reducing soil erosion and run-off resulting in soils that are better able to absorb and retain moisture, as well as cycle nutrients. EM-1 efficiently breaks down organic matter into stable humus, a key component to aggregate formation, by reducing oxidative forces that primarily rob the soil of C and N in the form of methane and ammonium gases. The result is a greater amount of organic matter being converted to humus, aiding in aggregate formation.
- Activates soil life
- Improves soil structure
- Promotes plant growth
- Activate your compost
- Reducing odour from pet beding and housing
- Improving septic tank function
- Certified for Organic systems
- A natural Cleaner
Lactic acid bacteria, Yeasts, Photosynthetic Bacteria, Ray Fungi, Actinomycetes
How to use:
EM1 Garden can be used as it is without any further preparation, although adding equal parts of molasses or raw sugar to the solution of EM Garden and water will enhance activity by providing a food source for the Microbes in their new home - your garden.
- Dilute EM1 Garden with water, from 1/100 to 1/1000 dilutions
- Soil and Plant Drench: Add 10ml EM1 to a 10 litre watering can, thoroughly wet soil and plants (apply to 10m2 of garden)
- Foliar application for maintaining plant health: dilute EM1 Garden at 1/100 with water, spray weekly during important growth stages and during stress periods
- Apply EM1 Garden regularly to you compost for odour control and to enhance compost activity
This product is certified as genuine EM-1 by EMRO
Naturefarm "EM-1" is certified by BioGro New Zealand as an organic farm input, BioGro number 2924 CO1
The bottle contains 1 litre of EM.